And the numbers please...and some random thoughts
I manage to grab this off the crosstrainer program. If there is one thing lacking about this program, it is the lack of graphs or summary. It feels like a blackhole. You put in the data but it is not user friendly to grab them out. If you look at the two bolded numbers, you will see that as of this week I have trained 15 hours. Woohoo. This is an all time high for Cliffy here. I wish I have a beer to celebrate but Wylee drink them all :).
Here are some random thoughts that have been floating in my head today:
- I was planning to go for a swim today but tomorrow I am going snowboarding so I thought I should give my legs some rest. I will do my run drill and swim drill tomorrow morning, Church then head off to carve the mountain (..it is more like a hill).
- You know you are training for an Ironman when you consider sleeping till 9 am as sleeping late. This is a very foriegn concept for any common man out there.
- Last week I bought a big jug of V8 and I thought it was healthy. I didn't realize there is so much sodium in it. 8 onze of V8 has 590 mg of Sodium. Yikes. My blood pressure is 120/88 and I am told to keep the salt down. The last thing I want is taking medication for that.
- I got one free swim session with my coach :). It turned one some lady paid for a session and can't make it. So he gave it to me. Sweet. Meeting him this Friday at 7 pm.
- talked to an AG triathlete and he told me I need to put at least 10% of my training close to LT. The rationale is so my fast twitch muscle will not fall asleep. Make sense to me.
That's about it....next week I am dropping back my training. I may bring my camera to Blue Mountain tomorrow. But I am sure pics of me running into a tree will bore everyone here :D