Monday, May 26, 2008

A weekend.

Sat, biked for 2 and 1/2 hours. Kicked my butt. Legs were dying by an hour and a half.

Sat night, I was thinking what to do on Sun morning. Before church, I can either swim for an hour or bike for an hour. I selected riding on the saddle simply I need to get back on it more often.

So Sun morning, I rode for an hour before church. That felt good. Roads were empty and I just cruising along.

The pastor played a video from Team Hoyt. They are always inspiring. I helped the pastor convert the video from youtube.



After service, the Bible Quiz team had a lunch party which I was invited. Afterwards I went for a run. I had two slices of pizzas at the party and woah that didn't settle in my stomach. 20 min into the run and I was feeling queezy. End up running 17 km in 1:44. I was planning to do a 2 hr run. I guess now I need to find a longer route to get the time in.

I checked the swimming schedule online and my local pool opened at 7-8 pm. As I was stretching at home, I checked the pamphlet of the swimming schedule. It closed at 5 pm!

Duh. I was hoping to get in a third swim for the week. I guess next time I will swim in the morning instead.

To summarize last week's training:

Swim: Two times, total 2:02
Bike: Three times, total 3:53
Run: Three times, total 2:45

Eight hours and change.

Coming back from the dry cough, my body getting use to more exercise. Swim wise, I am in a better form. I recover much quicker and the arms are able to do longer sets. Now I just need to get my legs for the bike and the run.

[Added: You know you had fun when you come back home with a tan. The run, my heart rate was much higher than normal. It was averaging high 160s. That's top Z2 and close to low Z3. I figure I am still not fully heal from sickness.]

5 comments:

Born To Endure said...

All in all a great week eh?

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good weekend.

I have learned that I can swim before church also. I like that. But not yesterday, still healing from bronchitis.

And I agree, Team Hoyt is very inspiring.

cdnhollywood said...

Nice set of work. Is there another Ironman in your future? :)

ShirleyPerly said...

How cool that your pastor played a Hoyt video! I featured one at the opening of my Bar on Monday.

Great to hear you're getting back to working out. You know, many would say 8 hours is a LOT!

Spokane Al said...

Wow - the Team Hoyt video combined with a great, moving song was terrific and very touching.

Keep pressing - it sounds like you are doing just fine in training and in all parts of your life.