Wednesday, October 03, 2007

An update

I figure since I ain't as active as on the blogging community, I will give an update.

I signed for the Toronto Marathon a month ago and I am bailing out. The past few weeks, I could feel my body is still in recovery mode. I couldn't run for 20 min before I got tired. Too bad the race do not provide a refund. So basically I am paying 90 bucks for a race shirt that i don't deserve to wear :)

Last Sat, I went for a bike ride before going to a wedding. It was a lot of fun to be on the road again. I would get out of my saddle and hammered over every hill.

For autumn, this year it was very warm. The weather was perfect. I stopped by the lake and enjoyed the scene.

I still haven't been in training mode yet. This weekend is thanksgiving in Canada and I have plenty in mind. Sat, morning run and blade in the afternoon. Sun, hike with my dad and Mon I will be going for a long ride.

My work load is quite taxing. I am already thinking of ways to get some training in. Talking with Darren a while back, he mentioned about doing an hour of exercise a day. Something like 40 min bike and 20 min run everyday. Very doable huh? :)

This season I want to bike outdoor until snowing. This Sat, I am going to get some more warm clothes for that purpose...sweet..presents for me :D. I want to go cross country skiing as well.

My racing schedule for '08 is in the works. Figure I will do a few marathons and a half ironman. A key is to work on my running.

What have I been doing with all this free time now that i don't train? I read a lot and help out at the church. This Fri, I will be speaking at the kids regarding my Ironman experience.

There is a number of books I started half way and never finish. Now I am going through them. I finished reading Built to Last and The Tipping Point. I am now going through Courageous Leadership.

I register a domain name (www.clifftam.com) and already building this site. I am spending 15 min a day on this site. In the future, I will move my blog to there as well.

In the mean time, I hope everyone is enjoying training or like me, early season off.

6 comments:

Brent Buckner said...

Worthwhile bearing down - but one two hour aerobic session beats two one hour sessions!

Glad your mind's getting some stimulus too.

Steven said...

Keep up with the exercise, Cliff. Even an hour a day can be tough to work in some days, but try to.

Also - you might want to talk "to" the kids instead of "at" them. You will get farther that way. ;)

Looking forward to the new site!

Rae said...

It's good to hear what you're up to these days! Don't be a stranger!

Tri-Dummy said...

"My racing schedule for '08 is in the works. Figure I will do a few marathons and a half ironman. A key is to work on my running."

Are you copying my race schedule for next year!!??

Dances with Corgis said...

Excited for clifftam.com

Sounds like work has been crazy... good on ya for still sneaking in some workouts. It feels nice to be back on the bike again, doesn't it? :)

Anonymous said...

Don't leave us hangin' :) Thanks for posting an update!