Tuesday, March 21, 2006

The pre-tri tri

Hey all, I am trying to get my swimming rock videos up on youtube.com. Having technical difficulties. The videos are turning very blocky. I don't know if I am using a bad compression or low res. Anyway, right now I am uploading one as we speak. I hope it will be good so i can link it here.

Just reading from Nancy's blog, I realize i have a tri to do this weekend. It is the 1st Annual SimplyStu WorldWide Triathlon. The distance is 1/4 mile swim, 15 mile bike and 5k run. You don't have to do it all at once and can break it down over the weekend.

My plan:

- Sat morning, ride on my trainer for 4 hr.
- Sat afternoon, do the 1/4 mile swim
- Sunday, I am being a bandit on the Around The Bay (20km).

My friend, Melissa, is doing a relay and is running the 2nd leg. Jon, from Chocolate Runner's Blog is also running. So the plan is to run the first 10 km with Jon, then run the second 10 km with Melissa. Too bad, Will, is still having some knee problem. He was planning to run that as well. But has to forgo to rest up. I am sure I will meet him sometime this season.

Oh...I have a phone interview with Dell this Thursday. It is a Business Analyst position. I thank God for that. My cover letter for that position was really bad. I don't know why they want to hire me. Maybe they like grammar errors. Oh well :)...

Last night, my tooth was in pain again. So what do I do? I went to work out. I was listening to Get Your Get On #9. The last 20 minutes was very inspiriational. Especially with Malaysia Penguin (had a brain tumour and still goes for a 1/2 mara), the Big Cheese's Tri Chapter and Iron Wil's tri life talk (forgot the name of that..). I was doing leg raises when listening to Big Cheese talked about the joy of keep going when your tank was empty. I tell you, my tank was empty at that time. I still did the reps I need to do.

They also interview Boulder too...funny guy :-). He gives me hope that maybe someday I can swim too :D..haha....

5 comments:

William said...

Whoa, heavy comments there. Now that's SPAM.

Anyway, yeah, bolder was great on the podcast. Very positive guy.

Good luck this weekend. Enjoy the hills.

E-Speed said...

did you register for the t-shirt? you definitely should! Stu sent some fun swag as well!

Rae said...

Good luck with your tri and Around the Bay this weekend!

The Big Cheese said...

I was looking around on www.technorati.com and found this post. Thanks pal, I really didn't think about it meaning anything to anyone other then me.

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site...
»