Friday, May 16, 2008

Quiet

I got an email from Darren toady...

All OK on the Cliffy front? Been awfully quiet lately.......Darren

My response:

Mon was feeling sick. Took tues off. Realize tues weather was fabulous. Went for 3 hr bike ride. Since then, my throat has been killing me. Now trying to rest and recoup before the long weekend.

Tues was a great bike ride. Too sick to work but not sick enough to bike. I guess I am paying for it now. I have a dry cough and been laying low to recoup.

My body really wants to train..but the throat is saying otherwise.

On non-tri related, I am contemplating of going back to school....been praying and thinking about this....once I make the decision, I will let you guys know :)

7 comments:

ShirleyPerly said...

Bummer about the throat. Hope you're feeling better soon. Good luck with the decision about school!

AddictedToEndorphins said...

Wow, not cool about the throat!
Hope you feel better soon. Definately keep up updated on going back to school, thats a pretty big thing! Good luck:)

Kewl Nitrox said...

Hey, we seem to be still mysteriously connected via the Internet. I am also having a bad throat and scaled back training this week. Tomorrow night I fly to Europe for business (cattle class of course), so I really don't wanna get sick. I am praying that I will be well enough tomorrow morning to go for my 2.5hr ride, 0.5hr run. Will be praying for u too!

anners said...

Hello my friend...I also noticed that you haven't posted in awhile! No more of those 3hr rides when you're feeling sick, ya hear! ;)

Good luck on the decision about school! Keep up updated!

By the way, I am going bike shopping today...hehehehehe.

CR said...

I've had similar throat issues and it turned out to be really bad allergies! Now I am just sneezing and blowing my nose lots!!!

Jen in Budapest said...

Cliff - sorry that you're not feeling the best! Stinks. I rested on Saturday for the same reasons - stayed inside and it seemed to help - that and lots of OJ and vitamin C. Feel better soon!

Rachel said...

feel better soon! It's hard to rest when you are sick but it will be better in the long run.