Weekly Training Summary
I can't believe today is Wednesday already. Time sure pass by when you have fun.
Here is some numbers from last week training. Last week was my recovery week.
For May 14 - 20
Mon - Rest - Stretch 20'
Tues - Bike 60'
Wed - Swim 15', Run 30', Swim 30' (first swim, I was totally off)
Thurs - Rest (second rest day)
Fri - Run 30' (LT test bailed), Swim 80'
Sat - Bike 150', Run 10', Swim 20'
Sun - Run 60'
Total Hours = 8 hr 45 min
Actual Aerobic hours = 8 hr 25 min
Swim = 4, 550 m
Bike = 89 km
Run = 17.5 km
Starting a new job last thurs and with all the learning, my training gone down. This is actually good. My body do need the rest. I even took a second rest day.
I did a Latec threshold run test on Fri. Off the bat, my heart rate monitor was actting weird. Usually the HRM takes 10 min before it gives accurate reading. After 15 min, it was still all over the place. I disregard it and decided to push it. About 10 minute into the run, I was having trouble keeping it up. My breathing was not consistent. Heart rate (not sure how accurate) will not go beyond 175. Perceived effort wise, it felt like my heart rate should be in the mid 180s.
Seeing how the HRM is not giving accurate readings and how tired I am, I called it off.
Here are a few things off my head:
- strong ego and information is not a substitute of wisdom
- passion in serving God and in living life in general
- forgiving myself and moving on from bad deals (or mistakes or screw ups)
- discipline and fun at the same time
- the way I change (body, mind and soul) in the past two years when I started training for Ironman
- burn out in general (career or training)
- figuring out who I am (go-getter, good starter poor finisher etc.)
- under promise and over deliver instead of the opposite