Sunday, August 13, 2006

Toasted...

My mind is not thinking too straight right now. I was suppose to take a nap but my stop watch keeps beeping. It has an alarm option...argh....

Anyways, just to summarize my weekend...

On Sat suppose to go to an open water swim with Darren. It is organized by C3. I couldn't find the lake and decided to bike myself. My legs were heavy. On thurs, I bailed on the bike trainer and did it on Friday. Oh yeah, that must have been the reason.

Since I couldn't find him, went for 2 hr 20 min. Shorter than I thought. The regular route that I normally take was closed off. So after scaling down Fork of the Credit (about 100 ft) down, I had to turn around and climb back up. Nuts :)

The weather and condition was perfect. Most of the time, I was by myself. No cars and lots of sunlight. Just enjoying the scenery.

I was really tired. Slept early on Sat and had 10 hours of sleep.

Sun, got up later than usual and did a 40 min easy ride before church.

Church sermon was talking about endurance atheletes and Christian suffering relates to that. The pastor talked about someone running the New York State Marathon. How the first 13 miles was easy and the last 13 miles was brutal. How true :).

After Sunday school and lunch, went to the pool and hit the laps. Plan was to swim 3 km. I swam 2.75 km instead. There were too many ppl in the lane. A lot of waiting. What can I do..nothing ;).

Finished reading Breakthrough Triathlon Training by Brad Kearns. When a book I like, I fly right through it. Lots of after thoughts..(post later)..

This week was swim week. My goal was to work on my left stroke. By the last few laps today, I think I got my left stroke worked out. My left hand tends to fly up in the air. I am pretty sure right now I go the habit of high elbow. Good. Plus I smell like cholrine...SWEET :D

One more week and I taper.. Next week is bike focus. Hmm.. If there are key workouts, my long rides are them.

Wed will be a 4-5 hr ride with an hour run..sweet. I look forward to that. And Sat, if all plan well, will ride with Darren. Since he is tapering for IMCanada, he told me he will ride for 50 km. Great, then I will go off on my own....that's it...

John talked about he feels like crap in taper b/c he bust his butt leading up to it...hmm yeah....

6 comments:

Habeela said...

"hmmmm...yeah" Well said. :)

Mike said...

Cliff...yeah, tapers are strange...I don't think I've ever nailed one...

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Nice job Cliff - you have a well deserved taper coming up!

Steven said...

I'm about 1/2 way through the same book, Cliff.
I'm looking forward to reading what you thought of it.

Rachel said...

Sounds like you're kind of tired. Be sure and get rest BEFORE you need it (as i learned the hard way). I just bought the book you recommended. It was on my wishlist and I got it through Amazon for less than $10!

jameson said...

way to step back and get the sleep you needed. recovery is what it's all about. keep up the good work... and relax and go fast!