Tuesday, June 20, 2006

A email out...

Hey guys..i just realize my time is 4:02:08. They have started the first wave 18 minutes before I started mine. Right on time with my race plan (will detial post tomorrow if i have time at work).

I just sent this email out to all my friends. enjoy.

What do you do when the weather is 30+ outside and the sun is blasting outside?

You drive up north to Muskoka for the weekend.

And that's what I did. Even up there..it is still hot. So what do you do? You go for a 2km swim to cool off and hope no sharks take a bite out of you. I am glad none did. Considering how slow I am, I am easy meat for them. Some of them try to nib at my toes. But of course, you know toes grow back anyways (unlike TEETH! :D)

Ok..so u drag your body back on shore like a drown rat..wha
t do u do? U go for a 55 km bike ride. Of course, as all expert knows (and seen in the pic), you ride faster when you tilt your helmet to one side. This helps breaks the wind and makes u more aerodyanmic. And it makes u look way cooler :D...Sadly, this doesn't help me to see 40s,50s, 60s yr old blazing pass me. They must have their legs shave or something.

So you finish this bike ride and of course, all good bike ride has to end with a 15 km run. Oh sweet. The weather ain't hot. It's hawt. 30 + under the sun and n
o wind. It feels like a oven. It is funny how the mind plays trick on you. First 10 km easy. The last 5 km was brutal.

Lastly, what do u do when you are cameraman and is bored and have nothing to do? You take a pic of some Christian triathlete before the race starts (the pr
erace.jpg). What am I staring? No idea. Probably checking out a fancy bike or something.

20 comments:

Hilda said...

Some way to "spend" the weekend!!
That is some great time and fantastic photos!!

William said...

Nice tilt on the helmet there!

William said...

Nice tilt on the helmet there!

Anonymous said...

Looking good Cliff!

Got all your toes?

Bolder said...

well done Clifford!

you are a TRIATHLETE!!

psbowe said...

LOL ...at what William said!

Yes, you got the photos to prove that you did it, great job!

Anonymous said...

LOL, the helmet bit is a h00t, lovin the style :P You're looking pretty strong on the bike and run. The whole toes and teeth thing kind of went over my head though :D

Steven said...

Very cool, Cliff.

But...you look a bit TOO stretched out on the bike in your bars? Is that the case or is it just the angle of the pic taking? Have you been fitted at a shop? That's a good way to gain speed on the bike AND on the run.

Trisaratops said...

Great pics!! :)

Habeela said...

Awesome job, Cliff! And great pics.

Comm's said...

Good job brother. Look forward to hearing more about the race. Nice shots too. Wish I could more of those.

Eric said...

Race pics are always fun to look at. I agree about the bike fit. You look too stretched out on the aero bars.

15k run, that's a long one.

qcmier said...

Nice job at the race!!!

I second the comment steven made.

You could be starting a trend with the helmet tilt.

Mike said...

Looking strong on the run there Cliff- nice form!

Phil said...

Check out the silky smooth legs! Grrrr

Thomas said...

I can't comment on the bike form as I haven't got a clue, but your running looks good, despite the heat. Well Done!

Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

Way to finish under some brutal conditions!

Holly said...

You look GREAT! Way to go!

Rae said...

Great photos!!!! You look tough!

Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Great photos Cliff. Awesome job!