Tuesday, March 28, 2006


It's all about the shoes...

Last night, I tried on the Gel 1100 that I bought on Sunday at Around the Bay. Geez, they felt great. I did a little warm up before my work out. I had a 6-7 min jog. The plan was to do a 15 min warm up run and as well as test the shoes. I didn't realize that some lady signed up my treadmill and kicked me out a few min later. My mistake. I didn't realize that was a reservation treadmill. Oh well...

I started off going at 5.5 mph. That wasn't too bad. Then I slowly ramp up to to 6.5. Not too bad. 7.5. That's ok. 8.0. :O. I was trying to figure out in my head what is that in kilometers (about 12 kph). The pace was fast but I wasn't breathing very hard. My legs were moving fast.
I am glad I got those Gel 1100. I am more confident with them in my long run and my hill training.

The question is what to do with the Gel 1110 that I bought 2 weeks ago? The Gel 1110 is the replacement of Gel 1100. They have discontinued Gel 1100. I only put about 50 km on them. Wore them three times. Would Asics take them back and exchange me for a pair of Gel 1100??

Better email them and see....I hope they have great customer service.

One of my friend is studying to become a dentist. He was telling us how he went back to the school gym and saw the same guy he saw back when he was studying his undergraduate. The guy is a bit older now. But my friend still recognize him. Did the math and we figure the guy has been in the same gym for 10 years or so. The conclusion we came with is that guy must be living in the gym. We had a chuckled about it. Then I realize, hey, I go to the community gym almost everyday...nope I wasn't laughing anymore :D.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey those don't look like the gel 1100's. Those must be Asics version for Santa's Elves.

Rachel said...

it's definitely about the shoes. I have so many "junk" sneakers that were originally running shoes that didn't cut it. Now, I just stick to good ole' Brooks Adrenaline.

Hilda said...

And I am wondering what to do with three pairs that didn't fit me, in fact they hurt me, I wish this last ones I got, work better.

Why don't you just keep using them or is the difference huge?

Kewl Nitrox said...

Yes, but do they match your tri suit? ;)

Mike said...

Hey Cliff...I LOVE getting new shoes...amazing how you can run so much faster in a new pair of kicks!;-)
If Asics doesn't let you return them, I would just rotate them in with your other shoes like immmike suggested.

Fe-lady said...

Like the shoe pix! Keep the "old" shoes for other things-walks,hikes...things like that.
And SOMEDAY YOU will be the "old guy at the gym"! :-) Good for the "old guy" that he is so dedicated!

Rae said...

I say keep the curly ones!!

I can't wait until someone tells me they've seen me out running for the past 10 years!

Comm's said...

Ha! loved the little elf shoe insert