Monday, November 28, 2005

Data Entry Marathon....

Maybe this is to train for my mental toughness....4000 entries need to be made into a inventory database. Spent 4 hr last night doing it. Should be done by today. I am close to half way mark.

The community opened at 6:30 am. Today I thought I could have the pool all to myself. Then I could do some drills.

Argh...there were grandpas and grannys. More than the usual time when I go to the pool (around 8 am). I did some leg drills. Left leg still kicking too stiff.

Maybe I am too fat, my legs were dragging in the water with the pull bouy. The pull bouy is too small for me. I must have looked quite silly with my legs dragging in the water like an anchor :). Wait a minute, fat floats. So that means I am not fat. I am just a rock :)

9 comments:

Bolder said...

swimming is hard my friend... it's not like running, or cycling, i think of it more like learning how to golf... both of them involve learning a complicated stroke... keep at it -- don't get discouraged!!

Mike said...

Try to 'swim downhill', and the pull buoy will float your legs up to the top. It feels completely unnatural at first.

anners said...

Fat?? Don't say that...you make people who have a lot more fat than you feel bad (like me) :P

D said...

Fat? Please.

Kewl Nitrox said...

I concur with ultraclyde. Try swimming downhill - try to keep your upper body down. Your legs will come up. I did that last time and it saved about 2 mins in 1500m.

Sixteen Chickens said...

rocks can swin with enough current to push them along, don't give up, you'll get it. btw in another life time (when I was a lifeguard) I saw several people nearly drown... some were fat and some weren't, I don't think it matters. look at how big whales are :)

Papa Tweet said...

Maybe that is why I was able to pick up on the swimming, fat floats. I guess that is one good thing about being a Clydesdale.

Try pushing you face towards the bottom of the pool. That will press your "buoy" downward and subsequently raise your legs. Worked for me, might give it a try. Good luck!

floreta said...

I know people who are so muscular they can't float! So it's got to be muscle and not fat.

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read » » »