Friday, April 07, 2006

Feeling like a kid again.

I am surprise how a canker sore at the root of your tongue has effected my training. Yesterday I was eating some white chicken meat. Every time I swallow, I scream silently in pain. Ouch. B/c of the canker sore, I didn't ate a lot in the past few days.

Since Wednesday, I have lost 2-3 lbs. It might be a good news for some. I want to lose weight too. But without proper fueling, my body is not repairing as fast. I could still feel the soreness from Wed's run. I am very tired as well. Lack of energy.

The cycle has to stop. Thankfully last night i woke up at 3 am and while the canker sore is still asleep, I chuck down a few pieces of bread. This morning, it felt much better. I found honey and hot water really helped in soothing the canker sore. Swallowing is managable.

Last night was Fellowship at Church. I decided to go earlier with my bike and ride around the parking lot. Since this is the first season I am riding with aero, I needed to practice with it. It felt great. I felt like a kid again.

I was making figure 8s in the parking lot. The whole time I kept repeating to myself, "you are born to ride...born to ride". I don't know what changed between last Sat to today but I felt really comfy on aero. I was hoping the weather would co-operate. It ain't. I can't control that. So I just have to get some gears to keep me warm on the road.

Tonight I am going to get myself some booties. No not that kind of booties (get your mind out of the gutter :P). They might keep me warm :) but it won't help me ride. Fri night is usually the night I do a hill run, workout and a swim. I will try to go for a swim before I sleep. I have to fight traffic to get my booties. Besides I rather save my legs for tomorrow.

It is time to fall in love with the bike. This Sat, 4 hr 45 min with the bike. On Sun, I will be riding with a couple from Church. The wife had signed up for a duathlon (the same one I am doing in Sept). The distance is not far. Maybe 20 km or so. It will be a nice recovery ride.

I can't wait till next Sat. Some ppl like to host a party for their b-day. I just want to ride :). Yes, it is being a kid again. I use to cycle a lot when I was a kid. I would explore the neighbourhood. Right now, I feel the same way. Except that my neighbourhood is 200 km. I haven't map out a route yet. From the way it looks, I am going straight up until I hit Blue Mountain (it really ain't a mountain...more like an ant hill).

12 comments:

William said...

You're crazy man! 200 km ride?

Should be nice this weekend for some riding though. Have fun!

Habeela said...

Awesome link! Enjoy the ride this weekend.

Cliff said...

It's crazy not to ride 200 km :O

Bolder said...

by the way, there's an ingredient in some toothpastes that will plague you with canker sores.

just in case that might be your problem, try switching toothpaste.

if you google it, you'll probably find some info... but, i'm not a doctor, your mileage may vary.

Trisaratops said...

Great link! I have a canker sore right now too...doesn't sound as bad as yours but it sure hurts.:( Hope you feel better soon!

Rachel said...

canker sores suck. by the way, I don't love the ancy feeling I get when I don't work out. I love how it drives me to work out. it's a great motivation. i'm stuck in lab right now and dying to go out for a ride. it's so gorgeous outside.

Hilda said...

It is incredible how such as a canker sore can give you so much truoble even being as strong as to ride for 200km!!
So your birthday will be on next saturday? Nice you planned already how to celebrate! That is some celebration!

Kewl Nitrox said...

Glad you are feeling better. This comment is what is between me and my Sat ride, so I'm outta here! ;)

Rae said...

Hope you've had a great weekend!! So which day is your b-day and how old will you be??

Robin said...

Have fun with your new aero bars! Cool beans.
I will be thinking about you on April 17th! :)

Nic said...

This post made me chuckle. I absolutely HATE canker sores!

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»