Monday, October 17, 2005

I just realize I did a marathon.

Woohooo..tonight as I was driving over to my co-worker's place to fix his comp, I realize I have just run a marathon. To be honest, I am not feeling SUPER SUPER joy. But In the car I was screaming out. I think I am slowly digesting it. A marathoner. What a weird thing to say.

Later tonight I went to Second Cup to visit Jade. I ordered a Ice Cafe Latte and a big slice of Truffle cake. Yes I am loosening my diet a bit :). It felt great. Coffee again. I figure this week, I will be normal. What a weird thing to say. Just doing normal everyday going becomes a luxury. That's good. It makes me more humble and more grateful for the little things that God bless me.

I am very satisfy with my accomplishment. I can still recall the condition..the wind was strong, the air was cold, the road is long. But I wouldn't want it any other way. The harsher it is, the better. The more I struggle, the more I will grow.

I am so going to enjoy this winter when I run in -20 weather. I told Jade if I can run in such harsh weather, running in 30 degrees in the heat is nothing :). Of course, safety is the concern. I will make sure I am well equip to protect myself from the cold.

Yes, a post race report will be up. I need to sit down and analyze my own expeirence till I am paralyze :). Every detail, every lesson....so if u come here often, in the next few days, u might want to bring out that tri geek hat of yours. And pls, if there is something u feel I need to correct or can help me, let me know. I am still learn and a endurance newbie :)

4 comments:

Tracy said...

"...the wind was strong, the air was cold, the road is long. But I wouldn't want it any other way. The harsher it is, the better. The more I struggle, the more I will grow."

THAT should be in your header. What a perfect summary of being an endurance athlete - and a well-centered person for that matter.

tri-mama said...

The more I struggle...how true is that. I want the races easy so that I can find success, but success by what definition? It is such a greater success when I count it all joy when I fall into various trials...Now that's a good meditation for the day. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

yes yes...write up your post race report. I'd love to hear it. I don't know the world of atheletism ....well, i guess i can't say that...but more like...actual use of larger muscles. because I am one, but using more smaller parts of the body. hahaha. yes. be careful of running in the cold. i say CRAZY you are, but God has given you this body and you are using it to the max, and you are such an inspiration to ppl. thanks thanks!

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site...
donate washer and dryer spokane washtington Zyban rash Maytag parts for dryer gameboy emulator games for windows Should i be taking all these prescriptions Low interest rates payoff debts loan web page design using dreamweaver mx